Monday, June 3, 2013

Beautiful Parents

Even though my parents are divorced, my parents have stood as two inspirational individuals in my life.

My mother is a strong, independent, loving, and caring woman. We definitely have our rough moments where we more than bump heads, but that's because she is a Leo. Ha, well not just that, but it's because she wants me to be happy, successful, and honestly at the end of the day, she knows. She knows what is best for me because she loves me. I have learned how to take care of myself, and what it means to be strong from her. She does not let people step on her. She's also a fine looking lady, I might ad. Whatever she has gone through in her life to get her where she is now, I am proud of who she is today. She helps students, and best of all, she genuinely cares about their well-being. Even though we fight, I remember that both of us have our stubborn, frustrated side, and that's because we are anal and want things to work out for the better. In the end, I always remembers that she loves me, and I love her. I am so happy to call her my mother. I love spending time with her, and even though I do not show it, I have learned so much from her and I continue to. I love calling and talking to her. Her twenty minute voicemails are the best. She taught me how to be a woman (she still tells me to shave my legs and wear dresses),  and I want her to know how much I appreciate her teachings. I love you mom. 

My father is a loving, funny, intelligent, and patient man. He taught me that it is okay to be who I am. He taught me what it means to be patient, accepting, tolerant, and loving. All things that we do not learn in school. He allowed me to be creative and make a mess, and most obviously, to be my crazy self! He did not yell at me when I spilled my milk. My father has lost loved ones, but continues to keep going. Even through financial struggles, he kept going. I have never seen my father look weak, maybe its because he doesn't want to show it. Even if he did I would still see him as strong. I am proud to call him my father, and I look up to him as he pursues his creative endeavors of building his own company. I have learned so many traits from him. The only thing that I wish is that he would give himself some credit for all that he does. He deserves to be appreciated for his hard work as a father. He showed me how to enjoy the simple things, and that money has nothing to do with happiness. I love him, and I want him to know that I look up to him, and that his sayings always come up in my head. 
Go slow and you will go fast. 
If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all.
I need to check my emilk. 

My parents are so strong for dealing with four kids, and never giving up. They are motivated, persistent, and loving. They taught me what it means to have love for people, and even when I was difficult and argued with them, they never gave up on me. They stick by our sides through every mistake, which helped me to learn that mistakes are okay, and that everything will be okay in the end. I love them with all my heart. They taught me to dance, sing, and embrace life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment