Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Self Worth

Self worth is definitely something that I still struggle with. I could go into the psychology of it all, but that would be pointless, because point is, now is the time to get it back!!

I am going to start this one off by talking about human connection. Human connection has got to be the most important aspect of our lives. Communication, laughter, and love are all parts of why we are on this earth together.

It's our individual job to bring what is on the inside to the outside. Bring what is unique to us, our minds, and share it with others. Do not let people think that what you have to share in your mind is worthless.

Sometimes we forget the power of words. How words affect us so much. But we know that we have the power of a voice. So use it and use it well. Use it right.

Learn to love yourself and disregard what people say to you.
Water off a ducks back. 

"You will becomes way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do."

You grant yourself a huge amount of freedom when you learn to not take things personally. Remember that if someone says something mean or bad to you, it's their fault, not yours.

Give yourself the love you deserve. Do not wait for people to give it to you. At the end of the day, your self worth comes from within you, and your soul.

Do not be afraid to use your voice.

-----

For me, I struggle with my self-worth, and it is apparent in my inability to communicate. Everything is always clear in my head, and I feel like words do not always convey what is on the inside of my brain. It is like words do not always do thoughts justice because thoughts are not just words going through our heads, they are so much more than that. Thoughts are webs of sentiments, thoughts, experiences, biology, and so much more. As a result, sometimes I do not know what to say, so I say nothing. Sometimes I say a whole lot of nonsense to make people laugh. This is called performing, and a good friend told me that if I continue to perform I will just float through life. I do not want to be a performer, so I won't be. But, honestly, this is why it is hard for me to communicate, and why I think it is the most important thing in life.

To be human is to communicate. We cannot always be okay with everything, but we cannot always be angry with everything. A balance of expressing when you are unhappy and when you are happy is necessary for peacefulness. For yourself and others.

We are not meant to hold our emotions in. We are not meant to suppress them. Our emotions tell us when something is wrong! And they are external because that's how we communicate our thoughts without words. Words do not define humans. Humans define words. If we hide how we feel, we are lying to ourselves and others. We should all care about other's emotions, and in turn, they will care about ours.

Communicate through words and feelings. Have confidence in who you are. You will find people who listen, and cherish them. Return the favor. Learn what it is like to be vulnerable. Learn what it is like to be there for people. This is why we are here together. We are here to communicate. Human beings are social beings.


No comments:

Post a Comment